Caught a fly rod

T

Takem

I was jigging for musky at marsh creek state park today and caught a 5 weight orvis tls pro guide with a 5/6 weight battenkill. Rod is in bad shape. Little bubbles all over it. The reel has some corrosion but still works fine. Interesting catch.

Wonder if it's still under warranty ?

Season is closed on fly rods under 9 weight.

I caught a crappy fly rod and reel on Salmon River in November. My guess is someone bought the Walmart special, couldn't cast it to save their life, said F it and threw it in the river. In October I found one laying on the grass at a local stream as well. Figured the same thing happened as it to was a walmart special and only worth about $50 for everything but it looked brand new.

Definitely stocked....

Hey, that's mine!

...not really.

Flipped a canoe on the Schuylkill several years ago near Cromby power plant. Lost my Sage 8'6" 5 wt.....1st new rod I had ever bought for myself, and the canoe which was bent around a deadfall in the river and trapped in the current.
Never saw the rod again, though I went back there with a rake trying to drag the river bottom. Got the bent up canoe back months later when someone had found it washed up on an island downstream.

Back