Catskills post PAFF JAM blowout

Nice report guys well done. What was the flows when you saw rising fish? That water looked really high.

We had rising fish the first day, we put in and the flow was 5100 at hale eddy, most of the rising fish were late in the day so I bet it was around 4700.

...Don't want to disappoint..... Yes, I fell. Instead of falling in 12" of water like last time, I tried to get out in 4' of water to take a leak. Failed as usual.

Krayfish and urinating - you know something bad is about to happen.

Jason,

It was pretty crazy. I wouldn't have thought of floating over 2k but these guys got me out there. Heading down to Hale and through Cadosia, rollers coming over the bow of the boat. If you were smart and careful where you anchored, it wasn't that bad. Had to respect it or you could swamp it like one of the guides did. You have any idea how hard they pulled at that flow? Bringing in a 18" was about the same as bringing in a 6-7 pound steelie. I'll still keep the WB pontoon max for me at 2200-2400 cfs.

That river system went from blown out to shin deep in 8 days.

That is crazy and i can't believe there were fish rising with the current that strong. Im heading down wednesday night. I had some luck on the EB my last trip so I may give that a shot again.

If you tried to PM, doesn't work. Inbox is fried. Email me (look under profile), text or call.

Good to see DaveS smiling in so many pics. Well deserved after an otherwise awful spring trout season.

Thanks for sharing!

DaveS wrote:

First anyone who knows Krayfish, knows 46 miles is about two floats!

Ha!

Agreed about casting. I suck and suck bad. Sit at the junction pool and watch the people catching fish. All about the reach cast and awesome drifts.

Back