Catskills lose another great........ Dennis Skarka

The shop will definetly be open. It will be open 3 days a week from 3/15 to 4/1, when it will be open normal days and hours. I will be working in the shop and guiding out of there so hope to see some you there.

Andre

I'm curious if this is the same Andre that used to post on NEFF?

Yes it is. Still remember tour of Toms you gave me many moons ago. Hope all is well.

Andre

Thought it might be. I do remember the Toms trip and also your mission of catching trout on dry flies every month of the year. I'm sure you have accomplished that by now. I'm sure you'll do well guiding for Catskill Flies. The Toms is not what it used to be since the State stopped stocking brookies, the rainbows don't seem to adapt well to the acidic water.

John,
Guided out of there and Dettes last year and look forward to this year. Looks like upper east is coming down. Hopefully not as many boats as last two years. Water in 500s and barring any big storms could see it going into 200s by opening day. I prefer 400 as a great dry fly flow. Will be memorial service early next month for Dennis.

Andre

I just checked out this thread for the first time.

I never met the guy, but based on the stories, I wish I did.

I enjoyed the stories, and offer my condolences to those that knew him.

I just came across this post excuse I’ll be visiting Roscoe in September
Dennis was truly a unique guy
I met him bass fishing on Long Island in 1979 We became instant friends we would often take trips up to his family’s cabin in Schoharie County He taught me how to fly fish for trout on all the legendary catskill streams I was there for the opening of the shop and visited whenever I could He was a great angler and fly tyer but he was also a true friend I miss him dearly

Back