Catfish Advisory

foxtrapper1972

I have wondered if one possible reason for decreased fishing license sales could be that some anglers are turned off by eating contaminated fish.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/12/contamination_leads_to_catfish.html

You would be surprised by the number of anglers who do not care. Frequent responses along the water come in two forms..."I don't keep anything anyway" or "I have eaten them all my life" ( and I am going to continue is the implication).

I agree with Mike's comments. Those are the two things I usually hear, especially re: catfish.

But Susq. has it pretty rough lately. Bad news on top of bad news over the past few years, from what i've seen....

While a small group of aging anglers may be turned off by the risk of contaminated fish, I think new angler recruitment (from society and technological changes) are to blame for declining angler numbers.

I have to agree with Mike as well. There is just less interest in fishing , for all age groups.

I didn't read that Mike said anything regarding angler numbers. I thought his response was to the angler concern about contaminated fish, specifically the catfish mentioned.

Then I misread your post.

Back