Carpoholic

Fredrick

Fredrick

Here is trailer of Barry Reynolds new DVD coming out called Carpoholic looks interesting and as Tweed knows i'm a big
brownliner

Carpaholic from 7 Weight on Vimeo.

That was in the drake video contest.

Maybe the full length is more interesting, but all that clip shows is him dapping fish in close, and fighting them. Didn't really interest me.

Let me know how the full movie is.

Ugly fish, but they can really bend a rod.

Them and catfish - take you right to the bottom and pull like a Mack truck. Just wait til you get one on that 'new' 8wt of yours!

Saw that on the drake contest too. You think if he's out going for carp he'd get a bigger net!

There's a video on youtube of an asian dude fly fishing for carp. Despite trying to make it look like A River Runs Through It, the video is pretty amazing. Talk about pigs.

Carp fly fishing is one of my favorite types of fly fishing. I am suprised that it hasn't became more popular here in western pa where i live and i am a big reynolds fan. I have always liked his movies i'm sure it's going to be good.

I saw his "Carp on a Fly" video two years ago from Netflix. He also co wrote the great book "Carp on a Fly" about 11 years ago.
I just watched it again, very well done. On that vid, he ties the Clouser swimming nymph and his own Jerry's crawdad.
I think his new vid will be a good view also.
I'm also going to hit the "poor man's bonefish" pretty good this year....... the Susquehanna is packed with them!

Another good vid is Flyfishing the World "Cats and Carp" - dirty water with 1" visibility and 9wt fast sink line with size 10 beadhead nymphs!!

what flys do you guys use for carp. i got carp and grass carp on my back step and i dont no what ta give them.

Back