carpin

jabink84

jabink84

I am back at school in Idaho now and went with some friends to the Snake river for some carp fishing. All I can say is I am addicted. Now I no why guys love to chase them on a fly. Photos are on a new post on my blog. I have never had anything take me to my backing on an 8wt so quick.

Just thought I would share my first ever carpin trip.

I didnt get any pics of the fly but I crushed them on a streamer pattern that I won from DubTheThorax. Awesome carp fly.

Are you the same guy that was slaying trout on my midge patterns? :)

Heck yeah on the carp man - those things will give you one hell of a fight! Have yet to catch one on my fly rod but when I do, I'm sure it'll be one heck of a ride!

sure am.......that rusty brown streamer you also sent me with the sculpin helmet is a deadly crawfish pattern on carp. couldnt agree more jimbo, I have caught plenty on spinning tackle but on the fly its a crazy fight.

jabink84,

Are you sightfishing for them or what is your technique? I've only ever landed one carp on my fly rod and it was a great battle. I would like to do more of this kind of flyfishing.

I forgot about those sculpin helmet streamers and I sent you my last one. I need to tie some more of those. Thanks for the tip and I'm glad the flies are working so well for you.

It was a mixture of sight fishing and blind fishing. the first part was sight fishing then the wind really picked up and clouded the water really fast, so we started casting to them when they rolled on the surface about the second strip they would smash it.

Back