Carp spawning now

M

Mike

Carp spawning started yesterday well out our cove on Nockamixon, but today they were very active in close and in the tributary stream...so active that I could hear them from my desk as I typed away on my computer. The sounds of their splashing about were only interrupted by the sounds of closer song birds at times and the occasional squawk of a great blue heron. Tough working conditions, right?

We all have our crosses to bare.

Yuh gotta love springtime.

May is just a wonderful month: so many fishing opportunities, so little time.

Mike is spot on with this thread. The carp seemed to turn on the spawn like a light switch on Friday. I was fishing over mudding/feeding fish earlier in the week and was out this morning and most of the carp I saw were cruising or chasing. They are usually very tough to catch when in this mode. I did locate one pod of cruising fish that were also feeding. I managed to stick one of these fish and brought my first 30"+ carp to the net. I was pumped! I also caught a few Smallies and the Green Sunnies were very aggressive providing a lot of entertainment. May surely is a great time to get out there flyfishing on the warmwater front as well.

Back