Carp Locations

M

Matt_Geiman

Hello!

I am new to the Carlisle area, and am looking forward to learning what all the area has to offer! Trout and bass spots are easy to to find, but does anyone have any good locations on where to catch carp on the fly around the Carlisle area? My family went to Hershey Park recently, and I saw carp mudding all over the place! Unfortunately it doesn't look like fishing is welcome anywhere near the park though :-(

Thanks guys!

The Conodoguinet comes immediately to mind and I have hooked a few bruisers on the Letort in the FFO section.

Carpin’ takes a bit of leg work and commitment to scouting out potential carp areas. Probably nobody out there likely to spit out their “honey hole” on the public forum (cause it would be overrun with bowfishermen the next day). I agree with the above post about the Connie - there are plenty of carp in there. However, don’t overlook the smaller warmwater tribs to the Connie. Spend the time to do the research and go out and scout them out. Some of them will be a bust while others will be true gems (none of them will look like Hershypark). If you’re not willing to put in the time to get out there and figure them out ... just go trout fishing - they are much easier. Hope you get into some golden bones. Tight lines and screamin’ reels.

Back