Carp guys...

BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Just found a spot to hopefully sight fish to 8 to 20 pound carp. I have never really dont this before, any of the Carp I have ever caught (not many) have been hooked "accidently" usually while fishing for Shad or Stripers.

I am putting together a Carp box and I am curious as far as flys go how would you answer this question?

"My Carp fly box is not complete with out a few of these...?"

Back Stabber
Carp-It-Muncher
Head Stand
Clouser Swimming Nymphs
Small Wooly buggers with dumbell eyes

... just to name a few!

Add to that list any style nymph tied with the hook up. Bead chain eyes work well for this and they're cheap.

Small crayfish patterns have also produced for me.

My favorite wet fly is a soft hackle nymph with small marabou tail, dubbed body, peacock herl thorax, and a wrap or two of hackle. Gold bead chain eyes tied on top of the hook shank. Simple and effective.

Never forget a mullberry pattern in both green/light green and purple. Spin some various shades onto a hook and clip to shape.

I've added some rubber legged patterns to my selection this year, but haven't had a chance to try them.

peace- tony c.

Greenweeinies and rabbit strip zonkers work well too. Ive caught them on a #16 Caddis, my 4 weight wasn't up to the task though. If the Carp wants your offering i realy dont think its what you've thrown its what you are in for next that matters .

Back