Carp don't know about covid-19

Carpo

Carpo

That's right , no media, no knowledge and no masks.
I had a 30 plus inch bruiser on until it headed up stream and into a pile of crap and the fight was over. The fly was a San Jaun worm on a heavy wire nymph hook.
I have a cure for cabin fever,the wuhan flu, mass media, and any addiction you suffer from.
The cure is a fly rod of your choice, water,carp and after your first hook up to a blistering run you will be cured of your current afflictions and hopelesly addicted to CARP ON A FLY ROD.
There not easy to fool but anything worthwhile isn't either.

I only ever hooked one on the fly. Used to fish for them quite a bit as a kid.

One summer morning,I was bass fishing below the PA Turnpike bridge on the Susquehanna. I saw a tailing feeder and dropped a thin mint bugger upstream of him. He quickly took me into my backing and I feared he might be a monster and wreck the 5wt I had foolishly brought to the gun fight. I straightened the rod and broke him off. The only thing I can compare them to is foul hooking a king salmon in Pulaski. Raw power and long runs.

I gotta get out and stick a carp, it’s just been way too long. We need to get an active carp flyfishing thread going again. We can share successes, failures, good patterns and techniques, if folks are willing too share this kind of information carp fishing threads can be a lot of fun. Maybe I’ll try to get out early tomorrow morning and kick off the 2020 carpin’ season.

Back