Cancel TU membership

RLeep2 wrote:

So, I'll be sticking around. I won't, though, wear a buff or fish with a dog. I have my limits...:)

Buffs suck enough to spur the "sun hoodie" craze that is prevalent with Montana guides, as I have seen.
They're actually nice for cooler weather in place of something like a scarf, especially when it's a cool Sept. morning and you'll shed the thing when it warms up.

I haven't bought a sun hoodie yet, but my friend uses one daily and doesn't have anything bad to say about it. It keeps the sun off your ear, neck and face area and allows the use of a ball cap. I'm still with the previous generation's poly vented button-up shirt and wide brimmed hat regieme.

And yes, my Springer is impossible to take fishing. First, she's too figetty, even at age 4. She freaks out with anything involving fishing: line, lures the act of casting; and she dives in after fish when I release them. Hopeless. She IS, however, and tenacious retriever. NO pheasants escape. So that door does swing both ways.
I think fishing dogs are for, like labs, English setters and older, well trained German short-hairs. Maybe a brittany, but I've never seen evidence of that.
Syl

I've never taken a selfie in my life, and what the hell is a buff ... the noun version? ;-)

Those of you spouting political garbage need to read the rules again.

Wait a minute. My turn. Open up a T. U. magazine and look at the names. Inside cover! Names change but focus stays the same.

Far as i know, Pa. Trout, still handles my leaders. Why? We tried to do good! Back then we did the youth school. Dr. Jack Beck, Cumberland friends, got it right.

I will have to say, i was lucky. Orvis is a major play in T. U. Thank you Orvis for everything.

T. U. just does not move with idea of this, without huge consideration of all involved. Before you take a side on pictures, you must examine Why!

As i look back on a wet fly leader, "Save A Stream", turn it over, it reads, "Conservation, T. U. and You. Make a Difference!".

See, it is really about all good things, Conservation--everyone wants, if you fish or do not fish., T. U. the foremost in protecting cold water resource! You, the blood and guts of doing good!

"MAKE A DIFFERENCE". Well, that has you name all over it. You can, if you want, or you may sit back and let it ride!

Not many "let it ride". got rich but those that made a difference, "Live On". Yes, i seem to name names. Only because these people made a huge difference.

Before you give in and give up. "Fly Fishermen Never Give Up". Take a close look at the "Good". Good never seems to make news, bad is what we all like, heated up, disgusted and ready for a fight!

When the fight comes, 2 show up. The good of T. U. will always outnumber, the story on paper. Paper, Hah! Sweat and tears and blood, Oh Yeah! No story tells that. Why! you decide!

I got to tell you. Yes support T.U., support Orvis, support the members of T. U. and support you! You are the difference,

Looking on this leader from 1996, i see an address.

Trout Unlimited
1500 Wilson Blvd. , suite 310
Arlington, Va. 22290-2310
!-800-834-2419

Now, i will sell you this leader for $100.00 dollars. As long as you make the check payable to Trout Unlimited. If i only could tell you all the stories of "How it was".

$100, to T, U. and naturally some extras from maxima 12 to keep it coming!

Maxima12

A Buff is something you drill with a .375 H&H. Just sayin.

Buffs are essential COLD WEATHER gear that is ideal for winter fishing, hunting , backpacking, etc. People wearing them over their heads while fly fishing in 90° makes no sense.

I don't care about TU's stance on this or much at all...or nearly anyone's stance. I'll do my best to protect what I know and love and try to have a little fun doing what I like while I'm here.

Well this went south very fast, who could have seen that coming :roll: :roll: Here's my 2 cents: Do I agree with everything tu does...of course not. Does the good outweigh the bad...you bet your a$$ it does.

Several posts were deleted from this thread.

This thread is now locked, no further comments are necessary. Let's move on folks.
Thanks,
DW

Back