Camping on the Beaverkill river in the catskills

jwatts

jwatts

I would like to go tent camping in the catskill mtn and fly fish for trout. I have been out there last year and i seen a nice campground on the beaverkill river between hancock and roscoe. The campsite seemed to be right on the water on the opposite side of 17. Would anyone know what campground this might be? or any other nice campgrounds on the river? Thank you for your time.

jwatts wrote:
I would like to go tent camping in the catskill mtn and fly fish for trout. I have been out there last year and i seen a nice campground on the beaverkill river between hancock and roscoe. The campsite seemed to be right on the water on the opposite side of 17.Would anyone know what campground this might be? or any other nice campgrounds on the river? Thank you for your time.

Sounds like the Butternut Grove Campground: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Butternut-Grove-Campsite/194094199115

I've stayed there quite a few times. Nice place, but make your reservations early. It books up quickly during prime fishing season.

There is a state campground further up the Beaverkill by the covered bridge.

Some years ago I tent camped at a campground up on the Willowemec. It was a nice, quiet place.

The only bad thing was that hordes of chipmunks went in my tent and ate my crackers when I was out fishing!

It was a long time ago but there was roscoe campsites right on the beaverkill. It was tent camping where you pull your car into the sites and pitch your tent right alongside it. And the river was within walking distance.... On the willowemoc there was covered bridge campsites. Again you pull your car into the Site and pitch you tent alongside.... The stream was right there... Both were beautiful campgrounds but again this was sometime ago but I was told they are still there...

You have the roscoe camp just above the start of the special reg section, butternut grove down between roscoe and Horton. I believe there is Russell brook camp closer to cooks falls. Continue down river to the east branch exit and take rt 30 toward downsville. Ox bow camp, paradise valley and a another that sit right on the upper east branch.

Back