Caddis Wings ??????

Okay. I'll put up a tutorial somewhere along the line. Might get to it this week. If not this week, next week.

Don't wear Ol' Festus out! ;-)

Thanks for all the great info, flies, photos and especially your tutorials. I know you put a lot of time in it for our benefit, and I'm sure we all appreciate it.

Yes. It's much appreciated. If you don't get around to it, we all understand.

Not a problem at all. I enjoy it. Gives me a much needed break from reality:) I'll definitely get a tutorial up on the subject. And I think that while I'm doing the mallard wings on the Henryville, I can also demonstrate a few real simple techniques that will make wet fly wings easier for everyone. Two birds with one stone.

Been thinking about the Jam. Can't commit just yet.

Wet fly wings, you say? Maybe I will tie my own leadwings after all...

Jay:
If you make the jam, I'll give you a brew or two for it.

No can do.:-( The POWA Spring Conference in Wellsboro is set for that weekend and I have a few gobblers and trout promised out. I thought I had something brewing for that weekend but wasn't sure. Gettin' old stinks.

POWA

I'll show you how to tie a Henryville if I see you Jay, I like to tie them and catskill dries when I'm in the groove.

Cool Festus I look forward to another one of your tuts.

Mike Schmidt (http://www.anglerschoiceflies.com/) can tie wets like no other. He is actually a friend of Mike Heck's I met him in Somerset this year.

I love the challenge of tying what other prefer not to. I can do a pretty decent traditional wet fly.

That guy has some great looking patterns:)

Mike Schmidt? Awesome. Childhood hero AND excellent fly tyer. :)

jayL wrote:
Mike Schmidt? Awesome. Childhood hero AND excellent fly tyer. :)

Makes his name easy to remember don't it!

Back