Cabelas Three Forks Waders

S

sanctuary

Just got an ad from Cabelas and it has the 3 Fork Stocking foot waders on sale for $34.99.

Probably not the most comfortable, but for $35 they would be a great back up pair or a good pair for breaking brush this summer in some of the backwaters.

I have a pair of the stocking foot hip boots and have used them a lot. They are ten years old and have not leeked. The only thing I will say is they are hot in the summer since they don't breath. When and if I replace them I will be getting Frogg Togg hippers they are breathable and not all that much more in price.

Living in South Central PA home to loads of small trout loaded streams - I am looking at a 4wt Full Flex rod... What do you think?

I'm going to get a pair of the Three Forks waders and take them over to the Korean lady at the dry cleaners. She's going to convert them into waist highs for me with belt loops made from the excess material from the uppers. I've already taken the catalog over there and my current waist highs and explained what I wanted her to do.

$15-20 bucks, she figures. It's worth it. Darn things are about bulletproof and can handle most of the run-ins with the #1 wader killer out here in the Midwest: Loose strands of barbed wire laying around in the fields or strands from abandoned fence lines that are buried in the high grass until you step on them and they pop up and gash your waders. Hidden beaver spikes too, now and then.

I have a pair of the bootfoot Three Forks Waders and I reccommend them over the stockingfoot waders. The waders are good enough, durable and strong, but the stockingfoots don't have gravel guards and will be more likely to leak in the foot area. The bootfoots, if you can deal with the poor ankle support (they're like rubber rain boots), are bulletproof.

I agree the boot foot are bulletproof but after one season in them I went out and bought stocking foot waders. Those things killed my feet after wading in them all day. No ankle support or arch support

Yea, the sock foot don't have gards but you can get slip on neoprean gravel guards. I use a pair that came with my chest waders.

I have the insulated boot foots which I use for Steelheading, they work well for the cold water. I would think the wader material would be a sweat box in the warmer weather.

Back