buffalo fur

mic

mic

I recently went to trexler game preserve,as I walked past the buffalo fence I noticed that the buffalo rub hair off on the fence.So as any fly guy would do, I collected some,looks like under fur,i am thinking dubbing for nymphs.I am woundering if there is any reason I shouldn't use it,or any suggestions for fly's to tie with it

Did you actually get out of your car and pick hair off the fence? They only have the bison in the drive around part, so you had to actually get out of your car! LMAO

Guess when I go there next week with the kiddos I will have to start looking for materials. Wonder if I can get the elk to give me a few minutes with a razor.

I see no reason to not use it, is it soft, coarse, long, short. I've never been close enough to one to know what it's like, nor have I seen a pelt. If it's too coarse to dub you could put it a dubbing loop and try it.

It looks great for tieing nymphs,looks like under fur.i should have looked on the ground for some longer hairs.I'm sure not in any need of any fur thanks to you jack,but I just couldent leave it hanging on that fence.

Maybe I'll get to see something tied from that in a week?

Here it comes. Mic's buffalo flys.

GenCon

Mics buffalo flies. Sounds good! Nymphapsycho trouties grub!

Back