Bucks county beginner

Bump19056

Bump19056

Hello everyone,

I live in Lower Bucks County and have been interested in fly fishing for a few years now, I have bought equipment, learned to tie a few flies,took a casting class at orvis, but have never been out fishing...I'm looking for a few fishing buddies to go out on the water with, to teach me a few tips, tie some flies, maybe even grab a couple beers and talk about fishing..

You got a buddy here, maybe our path will cross someday!

Send you address to P O box 2, Muncy Pa. 17756.

I will send you some leaders! That's what buddies do!

Bump, two local clubs near you are the Delaware valley fly fishers who meet in yardley and the main line fly tiers who meet in king of Prussia. Both clubs meet monthly and organize club trips to various fly fishing destinations.

Also, if you keep an eye out in the events and meet up section you will see there's a group of tiers that meet once a month at the crooked eye brewery in Hatboro.

Just a correction, the Main Line Fly Tyers meet at the Greater Plymouth Community Center on Jolly Rd. About 5-10 minutes above the Plymouth Meeting mall. Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the month.

I suggest taking drive up to the Little Lehigh, Section 8 that is the former Heritage Fly Fishing section along Fish Hatchery Road in Allentown.

First off, a lot people fish there year round and I would imagine more than a few would offer help if you asked.

Second, you DON'T have to wade there if you don't want so you can focus on other things like casting and presenting flies. Not wading has other benefits especially now when it getting colder.

In addition, the stream gets a significant amount of water from springs so it doesn't freeze in winter which is a great time of year to kill a few hours up there and the stream water levels are available through the USGS website so you can check things out after a storm before driving all the way up.

Third, despite what you hear, there are plenty of fish in there as it is Class A.

Fourth, the Brass Rail Restaurant is 3 minutes away and they sell beer, and Shangy's, a distributor known as Beer Heaven is 7 minutes away. If you like craft beer, you WILL NOT believe what you see in Shangy.

The bottom line is I cannot think of a better place to "get your feet wet" fly fishing right NOW! It’s where I take every beginner.

Good luck!

Here is the link to the DVFF Newsletter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVsRxZ4hga46HUTe8fmkTRDiBkjkG7f9/view?usp=sharing

December we are having a holiday party but come to the January Meeting.

Stop by and say hello.

DVFF will be getting ready for a Fly Fishing class soon.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
Please use my email. jerry_coviello@verizon.net

Bump19056 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I live in Lower Bucks County and have been interested in fly fishing for a few years now, I have bought equipment, learned to tie a few flies,took a casting class at orvis, but have never been out fishing...I'm looking for a few fishing buddies to go out on the water with, to teach me a few tips, tie some flies, maybe even grab a couple beers and talk about fishing..

You will have to commit to being on the water. Taking lessons, learning from others will all be forgotten if you don't take those tools to water shortly thereafter.

Hello Bump,

We don't live close enough to get together but if you have any fly fishing or fly tying questions you can always PM me and if I know the answer I'll get right back to you. I've been fly fishing and tying for sixty years. PM me your address and I'll send you some proven trout flies.

Now, i am on third base heading home also, a New Guy, Oh Boy! If you being new and feel it is of best interest to fullfill a true dream, a full filled lust of fly fishing. Downright dirty and and to the point,

Wbranch is a true call! I refer him as Eddy Holtz! Popular coach up my way, "Harry Binger". When young kids picked on Harry Eddy said,"i will walk you home". No one picked on Harry again.

Walk with Wbranch and no one will pick on you again! You get more than fishing advise with this type of person. You get some History and Stability and Courage!

That is the way I see it.

Maxima12

Well, obivious Wbranch, ain't comin! Why should he! Not yet, yet he will show! Wbranch colors will prove it. Colors, do you know what that means. Sacred, no doubt, always respect colors!

To be a fly fisher is more than! Well, More! Apart,

Necromancer, i will never get enough! Life long Breeze that Blows my Sail! The "Breeze" that blew me around the world and "off coarse" a hundred plus time North! Now! How cool was that

Back