Broken bamboo rod

I dug mine out:

Orvis Tie Clip

Go with Art he will scarf the tip section. I have to get better at scarfing and splicing. He can do it 2 ways depending on the break and what he has to work with. A lot of makers have sections that just didn’t make the grade in their eyes but will not sale them but you can ask him if he has a tip that he would part with. I would have him repair the tip and if it is your favorite rod have him make you a 3rd tip.

I own a half-dozen of Art's rods. Call him. He'll be happy to fix it, (and maybe make another tip if it's a one-tip rod.
He is aces.
Mike B

After procrastinating a couple of weeks, I called Mr. Weiler today and arranged to send him the broken tip to see if he can do anything. I also told him some of you advised me to have him make me another tip, so I asked about that, too.

He was calm and patient. If I were able to craft such beautiful rods and some idiot like me broke one, I think I'd be pretty upset. He was certainly understanding and agreeable.

Anyhow, I did do what some of you suggested. I am not very pleased with myself for breaking the nicest piece of craftsmanship I have ever fished with.

Thank you guys for the good advice.

Don’t feel bad, while every rod maker does not like to see a broken rod. The worse thing is for a rod never to be fished! The don’t catch fish under your pillow!

Back