Bringing up the idea again... *crosses fingers*

We are going to have to rent a county for the jamboree in a few years.

I see that phone conversion:

"Good evening, County Commissioners Office, How may I help you?"

"Yes, we'd like to rent your county for a weekend"

"Pardon me?"

We could probably make a case for borrowing the towns of coburn and millheim this year. :lol:

Dibs on elk creek cafe, OIP (ciabatta hoagies. drool), or the feathered hook.

dkile wrote:
No interest in changing the site.

As for some stats always glad to share. We are running about a 40% increase in the key indicators from last year.
Over the past year:
500,000 visits
140,000 unique visitors
5,500,000 pageviews
60% visitors are from PA
40% made up of NJ, NY, MD, OH, VA, DC, FL

March and April were the busiest months in 2009. Our traffic this week is as busy it was for the second week of March in 2009. No surprise we are going to be busier than last year with folks stopping in.

Great news....although you do realize that this means I deserve a raise....I would expect a 40% increase in pay would be suitable.

:-D

You see this is the problem I have... Maurice. Most people would be thrilled to riffle thru countless posts and look for spam, troublemakers and flam wars. This is why I need to raise some money. Maurice wants a raise. How about this we give you a promotion instead.

After tens years your have earned it and your new title is Senior Moderator. Of course this does not provide any salary increase and you will have to work longer hours. But this is because you have earned it and I really appreciate your help as well as everyone who visits the site.

Everyone please congratulate Maurice on his promotion!!

I am willing to moderate, but will have a clear conflict of interest when it comes to deleting flame wars. :-D

jayL wrote:
I am willing to moderate, but will have a clear conflict of interest when it comes to deleting flame wars. :-D

and any posts from fans of sports teams in the city of Pittsburgh...

I don't mind the advertisments either, and have talked to Dave about the funding of the site. I have also looked into doing some advertising myself on here, but the compliance department in my company is so thick......
I appreciate the new advertisements of members on the board, like Dave Weaver's artistry. I think it should be encouraged for others on the board to share and support in each others businesses.

I also had an idea a while back of having a shop on the site completely of donations of flies, and can be purchased with proceeds going toward the site's funding. Just an idea that never got off the ground, but I'm sure more people would be willing to donate, lets say a dozen flies, than actually depositing money towards the site.

Ryan

I really like that idea! It would be kinda neat to see the vast masses of flies that would get sent to it! And it would be kinda like a site funding fly swap.

I donated $30 last year to the site. Results seem typical to me here on pafreeloader dot com.

acristickid wrote:
on pafreeloader dot com.

You're mixing your bookmarks up again.

That's where you file for unemployment extension every few months.

jayL wrote:
acristickid wrote:
on pafreeloader dot com.

You're mixing your bookmarks up again.

That's where you file for unemployment extension every few months.

*ding ding ding* Jay wins the laugh out loud at work award for the day!

Too funny. Perhaps after 20 years of contributing to the system that both you and your employer contribute too- you'll get your own redistribution of wealth. hehehe

The adds do not bother me. I like this site so much it is the first one I go to every time I sign on which is almost every day. I think you should keep it as is alltough I am not opposed to ideas to help support the site.

Back