Briar/Brush proof wading pants recommendation

title of the thread is "Briar/Brush proof wading pants recommendation",

based on your response, such a thing does not exist?

if so, i might have to follow @BruceC2C 's recommendation to wear a lightweight ripstop material pants over the top of my wader pants, which seems like a sensible idea.
Not wading pants. if resisting punctures is the most important, rubber boots is what you want. I won't go into the negatives. Working on stream projects with PFBC staff they told me they only use them because they resist getting punctured and torn by various items.

After reading the original and revival of the title thread... here are my recommendations:
1) Avoid briars. Really, just walk around it or find another way into the creek.
2) Navigate the area around the creek during the daytime, or at least use a very powerful headlamp. You know there are greenbriar vines there in the daytime. Why walk through at night?
3) Go rabbit hunting without a dog instead, while wearing actual hard-front pants... not waders. Brush-proof waders = unicorns.

Well. after wearing it 3 times. These pants are fantastic, EXCEPT the built in latex socks are 1 size too small for me and crushing my feet. pants are my size, just not the socks. i will probably get a different brand.

Saw Briar Wading Pants | Immersion Research: i talked to the CS @ IR. they suggested that i send waders back to replace the socks with larger size (at a price ofcourse). I just shipped them out today for replacement. cheaper to fix something than buy new. fingers crossed.

Adamsbuilt Green River Waist Wader: I will see if i can patch these waders and use them as a backup.

They don't exist.

I’ve been following this and my plan for this summer is to wear some wet wading pants and just wet wade with boots and neoprene socks. The NZ guys use shorts and tights to help with the black flies. I think some ripstop quick dry pants that will help prevent mosquitoes, ticks, and thorns will be the best option. In the past I’ve just used waders (chest) adjusted to waist. Putting more than 5 miles in the summer means I’m getting sweaty legs anyway so if I’m gonna be wet I’d rather be cool. Brush in the winter is less of a problem and I wear waders in fall/winter/spring and then just navigate through the woods more freely without all the undergrowth.

Back