boat registration.

S

somersetian

Hey guys this is the best place I could think of to get a good answer to this question. I just purchased a 12 ft Jon boat and the guy that sold it to me and I went to a notary and both signed the title transfer and bill of sale and all that and I paid the boats registration fee. She gave me the PA boaters handbook and a green paper with the registration transfer info and everything. I haven't received the official registration card but the guy said the green paper was good for a temporary registration and I was good to use it. I want to go out for some Bass/ Pike fly fishing in the morning and want to make sure I'm going to be legal. Everything on the web has so much unexplained gray areas.

make sure your wearing a pfd and have the proper safety equipment as per the web site.
Required November 1 and lasting through April 30, they are required to wear a life jacket while underway or at anchor on boats less than 16 feet in length or on any canoe or kayak. The requirement applies to all Pennsylvania waters

^ Correct on the PFD. "Cold water regulations".

Also, you're good on the temp registration. The permanent will come in the mail soon.

Also, boats 14' and over need anchor and directional lights. Lucky you!

Cool, thanks. I looked everywhere on the internet about temp registration and I couldn't find anything.

Back