Boat Boxes

W

wsender

I really would like to get a boat box, or a similar box, for streamers; a meat locker of sorts.

These are nice...

0-90-1271_Boat_Box_Olive.jpg

31YT60J6SCL._SS400_.jpg

... but they're a bit pricey. I've been searching for some similar style plastic cases online and haven't really been able to find much. Truth be told I just think I'm searching for the wrong thing.

Does anyone have a good source for plastic boxes like that?

Otter box makes nice stuff, used to use it for boating.

I have the MFC box its killer
IFTD-11-148.jpg

Umpqua make a version with foam on the lid... but smaller
IFTD-11-54-550x365.jpg

the MFC foam allows for any fly of any size
the cliff is just for larger flies...no dries

The MFC box won't be in shops until spring/summer

Ya the Cliffs Bugger Barn is available somewhere or another in a generic form. Then you slap foam in there. I used a Glock handgun case.

Here . . . Cheap Joy

csoult wrote:
Otter box makes nice stuff, used to use it for boating.

So does Pelican, but they're stuff is more expensive in comparable sizes.

I like the Umpqua box shown with the outside foam. The MFC is a good box too if you don't care about the outside drying/storage foam...

The umpqua has two sizes the megabox is bigger than the MFC

jdaddy wrote:
Ya the Cliffs Bugger Barn is available somewhere or another in a generic form. Then you slap foam in there. I used a Glock handgun case.

Here . . . Cheap Joy

Dude, you always deliver. EXACTLY what I was looking for.

The umpqua has two sizes the megabox is bigger than the MFC

The larger umpqua ("The ultimate boat box") is roughly the same footprint as the MFC... but a bit smaller

and the umpqua does not have the swing leaf like the MFC

Wonder if you can fit the swingleaf into the umpqua. I like the MFC and they make some great products. I might have to get one as well. Can't have enought meat.

Funny I got a call today from MFC and we talked about these new boxes. Next year they are going to make them in their cool fish prints. They said they would send me one to try out! I'll post some pics when I get it.

Back