black amnesia

mcwillja

mcwillja

Has anybody used black amnesia as part of a sighter rig? I just purchased some in 8 lb and was wondering if anybody has used it for this purpose?

I haven't used the black but I've used the red and really liked it.

I have a hard time seeing black flies, and would think black amnesia would be just as hard.

Mcwill,
I bet that will work when you are fishing late in the day an have to look at the gray or silvery water it will show up. I usered an the chartreuse Amnesia have since 96 great for indicators/sighters. BTW i also tie black wings on some flies for late day fiushing when you are looking across {west} the stream or river and have to deal with the silvery or gray reflection, always shows up also works for the Antron indicators too.

Lonewolve,

I plan on using a bi or tri colored sighter with black/red amnesia/gold stren or just black/red amnesia. I know some people use black thingamobobbers late in the day when that glare on the water is bad.

I have found that the use of different color lines to make sighters are based on a person's ability to effectively see a certain color. I did a lot of experimenting and found that Stren Hi-Vis Gold and Trilene Blaze Orange are the best for me under a wide variety of conditions. I tried red, pink and green either as the first and final section of the sighter but could not see these colors well. Gold was easy for me to see.

Since I like to experiment, I will consider purchasing black amnesia and see how that works.

Dale

Dale,

I think you are right about people seeing colors differently. Right now my sighter of choice is red amnesia and then gold stren for the bottom piece. I do see it really well especially when wearing my polarized sunglasses. i want to add black and make a tricolor sighter for those lowlight and or glare situations you come across on certain streams.

I run chart amnesia to a orange/reddish amnesia back to the chart amnesia. I think with the odd color in the middle of the top and bottom parts of the sighter it is seen the easiest to detect strikes.

I find black hard to see in many situations. Never used black amnesia, but I have used black thingamabobbers and they are hard to see.

What's Amnesia?

Chaz wrote:
What's Amnesia?

i did know but i forgot....

dark lines work well in milky / chocolate water - i've tried maxima on an off day on the river.

Amnesia...what would I do without it?

That reminds me, I forgot to order some more...

Does anyone have a favorite formula for an indicator leader with Amnesia or other in the design? If so can you please share the makeup

Thanks

What color flies should you use if the water is foamy (I forgot)?

Back