Bizarre: Intense Bubbling on Susquehanna (video)

I thought it would have been really neat to find out that it is the local hatchery outlet and they just released millions of 1 sexed Bass.

I was out in that same spot last night and saw the water bubbling twice! I guess it's more common than I thought. I talked to a guy who lives around there who confirmed the water plant theory.

You still won't find me wading around that thing!

It;s just Hoffa letting out a little gas.

Hoffa. LOL. I live near Detroit and once a year when the news cycle is slow they come up with a Hoffa story. I should send this to the local paper.

Is this the spot?

United Water Pennsylvania treats water from 2 sources – Stony Creek and the Susquehanna River.... The secondary intake is located on the east side of the Susquehanna River, just south of the Rockville Bridge on North Front Street in Susquehanna Township, Dauphin County.

Water lines (and any line carrying a liquid, really) will have air release valves. Basically a reservoir on top of the pipe at a high point that traps air that was once dissolved in the water. When the volume of air gets great enough, the release opens and purges it. You witnessed a purge.

Note the location is not "exactly" the location of the intake itself, it's the location of the air release valve. But they'll be fairly near one another most likely.

Is this the spot?

United Water Pennsylvania treats water from 2 sources – Stony Creek and the Susquehanna River.... The secondary intake is located on the east side of the Susquehanna River, just south of the Rockville Bridge on North Front Street in Susquehanna Township, Dauphin County.

http://www.elibrary.dep.state.pa.us/dsweb/Get/Document-59494/RS7220015001%20United%20Water%20PA%20Stony%20Creek.pdf

Water lines (and any line carrying a liquid, really) will have air release valves. Basically a reservoir on top of the pipe at a high point that traps air that was once dissolved in the water. When the volume of air gets great enough, the release opens and purges it. You witnessed a purge.

Note the location is not "exactly" the location of the intake itself, it's the location of the air release valve. But they'll be fairly near one another most likely.

Didn't realize I was drinking water from the Susky...kinda scary. ????

Back