Biot Body Sulfur Parachute dry fly - Video

T

tctrout

While I wait (like all of you) for the water to recede on nearly every stream I fish, I posted a new video to YouTube, the Biot Body Sulfur Parachute.

I prefer to fish this style in low-water conditions and/or over highly-pressured fish, due to the realistic segmented body.

Enjoy, and hopefully we'll all be fishing the sulfur hatch again here in a couple days!

TC

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acCUorREbGM[/youtube]

Nice video Tim! I don't like to tie biots in like that on adult mayfly patterns because they don't have gills. Have you tried flipping it over to cover the flue and get a smooth segmentation?
Mike.

Thanks for the comments, Mike, and I have tried various methods over the years. I prefer the look that the biot offers when tied in that manner because there is more segmentation shown. When flipped, the look is very smooth, which I really like for the spinner stage. You are absolutely correct when talking gills, though it's been my experience that difficult fish have fallen to this fly more often for me than all others.

As always, these are just my opinions, and I appreciate any thoughts. That's what's great about these forums; there's always something new to learn!

Tim

Back