Big Spring Creek Construction

Night_Stalker

Night_Stalker

I visited the Big Spring Creek (Cumberland Valley) last evening and witnessed 2 vehicles from Virginia and some large earth moving equipment. It looks like it will become ugly out there real soon. Equipment and many tons of various sized rock where located at the first parking lot upstream from Nealy Road. The parking lot was marked with signs closing it. Upstream was staked and marked with many fluorescent tapes. A temporary platform has also been built.

This might make it a little tougher for me to catch a 33" brown!

This was the best outline of work plans I could find:

http://fishandboat.com/water/streams/bigspring/BigSpringPublicMtng2012.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_4160.jpg
    IMG_4160.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 8
Night_Stalker you are correct the Fish and Boat along is starting the phase two project on Big Spring Creek. the project is going to take about 5-6 weeks to complete. If you would like more info on the project I'm the content President of CVTU and we are very involved with the project so I can update you.
Thanks
Justin

I took a trip to the stream on Sunday and found the section I wanted to fish closed which kind of sucked but I do understand its a short term sacrifice for the long term benefit of the stream. The area where the bank rebuilding has already been completed is really nice but it didn't help the fish cooperate unfornuately.

Back