Big SE PA wild Browns?

Jessed

Jessed

I recently got a new phone and still upset that I didn't backup pictures before it my old phone broke but anyway I live in berks and very close to antiedem creek. The section that's near my house is a little bit aways from any stocking so I mostly fish it for small mouth but every spring I see big wild Browns come out in certain holes that are 18-22 inches. Seems like after beginning of June they disappear when water starts to warm but I can recall about 4 years ago fishing it before I started fly fishing and just starting to get into fishing itself at 12-13 years old seeing a monster brown sipping drys in a slow moving run in 2 feet of water in July and the water had to be super warm... Anyone know of things like this in other unlikely streams.

Some people seemed to think this brown was swimming in the skuke. Some think it is wild. Check out globugs post from a while back on sixpenny near Birdsboro. Type "wild stocked sixpenny" in the search and find globug. Interesting story. Sorry the link wouldn't work when I first put it on.

It's common knowledge that large wild browns have some tendency to move up and down larger PA rivers that are typically associated with bass fishing on a seasonal basis. Some of these bigger waters have particular areas or sections that are predictable big trout spots. These spots are usually closely guarded secrets by locals. By summer, the trout have moved up into colder tribs.

While these warm water creeks and rivers are vacated by trout usually by late springtime, if there is a spring fed cold pool or tributary, it's certainly plausible that you might see fish there during the summer.

Antietam Creek supports a small wild brown trout population with reproduction particularly common in St Lawrence Borough.

I have caught big Browns in six penny in places that they couldn't have came from the skuke unless they had tarpon powers and could jump 10 feet out of the water lol

There are some unnamed tribs to that creek that I have questioned.. There's a spot close by that's like valley and very step to get to and always cold even in the summer! Looks very fishy. Come to think about it I might walk down today and see if I can get into one

Back