Big PA Largemouth

greenlander

greenlander

Thought you all might enjoy seeing a pic of a huge LMB I landed yesterday somewhere in PA.

This is only my third time LMB fishing, so I'm not positive, but I'm fairly certain this may be the biggest LMB I'm likely to land anytime soon.

Person holding the fish in this one isn't me, I'm taking the pic after I handed the fish off to my buddy and this was the clearest picture of the bunch.

We had no way to weigh the fish, but we're figuring 8.5-9.5 pounds based on measurements.

Attachments

• pabass-2010.jpg
    pabass-2010.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 7
Gotta love it when you tie into a LMB that actually requires a bit of work to land!
GPS coord's please.... JK!
What kind of fly were you throwin thought if you dont mind my asking?
Daren

Yeah, even a 3 or 4 pounder doesn't get that exciting coming in.

It was a frog pattern, they were killing that and hard body poppers all day.

No one will believe me, but I was in a group of 5 fishing a private lake when i fell in the water and when I did a large fish, we thought it was a carp, my friend cast an x-rap to the fish and it nailed it. He landed it and it was a bass, the length was 30 inches and 14 pounds, by far the largest bass I have ever seen and will ever see. I have pictures and will upload them once i find the cord to my camera. Would be a state record, but it was caught on a private lake, ehh whatever. I 'll get them on asap.

sidthemuffinrunner wrote:
when i fell in the water and when I did a large fish, we thought it was a carp, my friend cast an x-rap...

A large fish did what? You typoed the best part of the story out! :p Sounds like a monster.

That's a really nice northern strain LMB, a real trophy!

jdaddy wrote:
That's a really nice northern strain LMB, a real trophy!

Thanks. We were pretty excited about it.

Thought about keeping it for a moment, but decided to put it back. Maybe I can get it again next year at a pound heavier. :) Even if we were off 2 pounds in the wrong direction and it could've competed for the PA record, it was on private water, so ...

I'm pretty sure it would have fallen a pound short at best, anyway.

oh yeah, sorry bout that. When I fell in the fish shot out like a rocket, I must have landed on him or been somewhat close. Like I said I will post pics.

Christ that's a beaut' of a LM. Congrats! I'm jealous you have a private lake that good!!! I just have to contend to SMB fishing around all the gas drilling here up on the NB Suskie.

Back