Big channel cat

• Thread starter JakesLeakyWaders
  • Start date
JakesLeakyWaders

JakesLeakyWaders

Hooked a cat of about 30" on the Susky about a week ago on a bugger. Was using cabela's 7/8 fiberglass and okuma large arber reel. The wood reel handle busted my thumb open on a run. Was just glad to get it in and off my line.

JakesLeakyWaders wrote:
Hooked a cat of about 30" on the Susky about a week ago on a bugger. Was using cabela's 7/8 fiberglass and okuma large arber reel. The wood reel handle busted my thumb open on a run. Was just glad to get it in and off my line.

Lol...nice!

JakesLeakyWaders wrote:

Nice wish you had a pic . I brought a water proof case for my phone just for times like that . I always get a few nice ones striping a bugger up stream in the slower water.

I once had a pretty nice setup. High end laptop, editing programs to downsize jpeg files, a pro Canon and a waterproof camera for fishing. And around that time I posted a lot of detailed posts on the site filled with nice photos. Canon dpp made posting photos a breeze. Also I think the max photo size used to be 500kb or so for posts which was easier to work with. Since then I've had my pro camera stolen, laptop ruined among other things, and I've spent a good five years rebuilding my life and climbing mountains.

I've now basically trimmed it all down to a smartphone. Im too busy mostly to bother you guys on here as much as I used to. I find time to fish, mostly for bass anymore, and my newfound enjoyment of making cork bass poppers.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes . I always take my iPhone equipped with a lifeproof case with me these days.,it bothers me more these days when a nice fish is caught and no pic was taken to capture and share the memory .

Back