Best stuff floatant out there..

Better then everything I have found.

JackM wrote:
I did not invent this.

Jack

it clearly says Jack M on the bottom left hand corner of the piece of paper.

and agreed on dry magic. been using it for a few years and it is absolutely amazing (and probably 75% of my dry flies contain cdc).

I use gel floatant on cdc all the time. Catch plenty of fish on it too.

BradFromPotter wrote:
wsender wrote:
McSneek wrote:
I can't believe there is any gel floatant that will work on cdc.

Tiemco Dry Magic. Stuff is amazing. I'm yet to find anything that it doesn't work on.

better then frog's fanny?

It's different, not better. I use both when fishing CDC/snow shoe hare. I'll dress my fly with Dry Magic before I start fishing then use some Frog's Fanny as needed if the fly becomes water logged.

Yeah I don't know about the CDC thing either. I use CDC rarely. Most of my dries are EHC, wulffs, etc.

Doesn't Loon now offer a CDC-friendly gel like Fly Magic?

tl
les

I use Loon Aquel (sp?) on cdc flies and it works great

Is Jack M. the same Jack M. that had the shop at the junction the Genesee Forks and Pine for a while many years ago? I can't remember his last name. It was one of those long Slav/Russian names like Menkavich. We had a bunch of folks with the same name with farms back home in southern Erie County, so I should be able to remember it..

Mickievicz. That was it..

He was a good guy. I used to like to stop in and see him when he had the shop. If indeed its the same guy.

Jack works some at the French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville.

tl
les

I am out right now and jack is up here for 2 weeks, I'll see him on tues. and see if he has any made. He only makes a small batch a year and it goes fast. I sold last one to brad..I use it on all my flies, it looks like gel but melts to a liquid when you touch it. caought 17 brookies on one fly and never had to touch the fly and floated like a cork...I do a example with a all wire fly and it floats. even floated a bead head in a dish..its permanent too.

Does it harm cdc though, Sandfly? I am interested in it, but I kinda want that question answered.

will do a few experiments and let you know..

Got some of this (Fly-Agra) while we were in Montana, best stuff I've used.
QbEsPlQ.jpg

^
||

I'll second the Fly-agra

Tiemco dry magic and frogs fanny applied after TDM is applied is the best combo there is period end of story.

why a combo, when one thing does it ??

mcwillja wrote:
Tiemco dry magic and frogs fanny applied after TDM is applied is the best combo there is period end of story.

When you close your mind, you stop learning...

I'm still in the Dry Magic/Frog's Fanny camp for cdc flies, and use the liquid floatant dryflyguy and Dave Kile recommended in a PAFF blog post awhile back.

One thing I've learned over the years is that Jack Mikievicz doesn't make junk. His products are always the best you can get - period.

Count me in for a bottle of this stuff Bob.

ryguyfi wrote:
mcwillja wrote:

When you close your mind, you stop learning...

Ryan you make a good solid point. I should have kept that comment to myself but I haven't tried anything better and have tried a lot of floatants. Most of the flies I use have CDC or snowshoe hair and the tiemco stuff put on the fly first and then frog fanny refresher is tough to beat in my opinion.

Back