Best Sling pack under $100

scs_browntrout

scs_browntrout

Give me thoughts on best sling pack under $100
Average fisherman I use a chest pack always like it I just started back after a 7 year layoff. I got all the tools to carry is it worth changing over. That’s another discussion just looking for brand.

I just started using the fishpond summit sling this season. I bought it used on this site, but brand new are about $100. I really like the pack, it's big enough to carry all I want but not gigantic either.. I looked into some other slings, but I noticed alot of them are like the size of a backpack.

Thanks kobalt335. Looking into it

You might consider the Orvis Sling Pack which is priced at $89.

https://www.orvis.com/p/safe-passage-sling-pack/14zf

I have the Orvis my brother has the Fishpond. They're really about the same bag but there's some small ergonomics changes between the two but honestly they're interchangeable. The literal ONLY upside to the FP one is the gear holder straps so you could bring an extra rod tube which I do quite frequently now. But. You can just sow them on the Orvis.

I have both the fish pond and the orvis guide sling. both are very good. However I fish the orvis as it sits better on my body. I went from chest pack to sling and will never go back.

Afishinado thank you I have my eye on that one.

Thank you Drakeking 412.

The correct answer is the Umpqua. I got mine at the Edison show for $100 and got a fly box thrown in. That said, the retail is higher. I have the Fishpond Summit and the original Orvis guide I'd sell ya for $50 (take yur pick or u can have both for a hundo. I'm swinging thru your area Wed/Thurs if you are interested I can bring one or both along. They're both in really good shape.

i ordered an Orvis safe passage its on the way, hope to use it next weekend. I put on both fishponds summit and flathead sling packs that I could not get a feel for. I think one benefit with the Orvis is the net hold has a d-ring.

Thanks for the input.

mrchunk wrote:
The correct answer is the Umpqua. I got mine at the Edison show for $100 and got a fly box thrown in. That said, the retail is higher. I have the Fishpond Summit and the original Orvis guide I'd sell ya for $50 (take yur pick or u can have both for a hundo. I'm swinging thru your area Wed/Thurs if you are interested I can bring one or both along. They're both in really good shape.

^^^ This. The Umpqua steam boat sling pack.It's the best one iv'e tried that meets my needs.

Back