Best looking Foam Frogger so far..

JG63

JG63

5C3F5906-B2B1-44E3-997E-204E4BB3CDDD.jpg

Eyes made from gold marker with black pupil, and a large drop of loon UV goop clear coated with hard as nails.

2B766BCF-051C-46E3-9E1B-6FEE1EDA4E68.jpg

Underside with weed guard. Will be feeding Bass soon! These can be thrown on a 5 weight.

Cool stuff hope they work well for you

Neat! It actually looks fairly simple to tie too once you cut the legs out just right. Only thing I'd be concerned about is whether the legs will hold up. What're they made from?

legs are precut from ultrasuede material

3388.Jpg

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cohens-frog-legs

I'd be afraid of leader twist with semi-stiff legs.

Let me know how they cast and fish once you try them out.

FWIW - they seem to work just fine - I'm happy with the weed guard moving out of the way for hook set:

538A29B7-DB99-4CE2-A2FA-A7E5319BAFEA.jpg

Some tippet spin and wind resistance with the gurgle mouth and suede legs. They throw better on a 7 or 8 instead of the 6 weight used for this episode.

60EE7353-B7C9-4F73-A3D2-CC36BF967825.jpg

Great pattern! Very nice work. How do they cast with the pre-cut legs?

All, it's a bit like casting a parachute. The mouth opens up and you can hear the whole assembly "wuuush" by your head. Two of the three I've fished developed some nasty tippet twist even with stiffer Mason mono in 2X. Other than shape, The legs aren't as lifelike in the water as I'd like. I'm sure they also contribute to the poor aerodynamics. The pattern I modified originally calls for rubber legs as seen up front. Guess my modification is not an improvement. Still, they work!

But....if it catches fish....then the "WuuusH" becomes a positive attribute. :)

Back