Best fly rod warranty?

Buy a fiberglass rod, not as prone to beakage and much tougher than Graphite.
+1 on that (or build one) especially if it's under 8 ft.

Seriously, the first reaction of everyone that holds my Kettle Creek is a stunned look on their face from it's light weight. Others like Steffen are even lighter.

springer1 wrote:
Buy a fiberglass rod, not as prone to beakage and much tougher than Graphite.
+1 on that (or build one) especially if it's under 8 ft.

Seriously, the first reaction of everyone that holds my Kettle Creek is a stunned look on their face from it's light weight. Others like Steffen are even lighter.
My Diamondback "Diamondglass" 7'6" 3 weight is pretty light and tough. The action at least to me seems to be very close to a fine bamboo rod. Might be able to find a used one.

If you an get Sage to waive the fee, you have a golden tongue. If you are paying for a higher end rod, you most likely will pay higher end repairs. It goes with the territory. I have heard great things about Redington, TFO and Greys repair warranty services. Greys is located in Lancaster Pa, and specializes in euro nymph rods. I've also known of a couple guys that have been very well taken care of by Orvis (break an older model and Orvis sent them a new Hydros). If you want to keep costs down and don't care what brand, TFO, Redington or Greys might work for ya. I'd also suggest that being more careful when handling your gear never hurts. That VPS might have some issues with the design. I think they had breakage issues with the original XP models. I know cabelas had that problem with their LST model. You may want to look at a St. croix imperial. St. Croix gives you about the same warranty as most big names but also allows you to trade up and pay the difference (use formula on their website for more details). At any rate, good luck.

ll bean will allow you to walk into the store and out with a brand new rod you purchased from them forever. if warranty is your bag, you will not supercede this fact.

gfen wrote:
ll bean will allow you to walk into the store and out with a brand new rod you purchased from them forever. if warranty is your bag, you will not supercede this fact.
that's a damn good point. OP could put them out of business breaking rods and getting new ones. No fee, zero responsibility.

I have a few Sage rods and a few Orvis rods and by far the Sage warrantee trumps the Orvis's. Sage repairs rods and Orvis does not , just replace with one that may brake too. I have one service of rods replaced by orvis that is 7 rods long and I still have 15 years left of warrantee on the original rod. Sage has replaces a but section that looks better than new along with the proper serial number and turned arround in under 10days.
I have spent over $120 to send rods back to ovis with insurance. I would just like a rod that is built with quality.

Orvis rods have a 25 year guarantee. $30 and we ship back to the rod shop in Vermont.

Back