Bear Question

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

Two piles of bear poop in back of the house today, that would be two bears right?? In the Spring we usually only see one at a time!

I go twice a day on occasion, and I don't even eat rotting meat. :-D

I'd think it might just be one, but who knows.

If they, both, taste the same- it's probably the same bear or two really close buddies. Leave some Kaopectate out on a stump, you'll probably become a real hero, to some poor bear!

U have experience?

I don't think so LittleJ,
Wasn't Maurice and a buddy fishing up in your neck of the woods the other day?

I bet they just left you a steaming paflyish hello. :lol: :lol:

Probably one bear.

I think you are right Joe, I thought they mated now, but that is in the summer. Comedians on board not bear guys I guess.

Comedian says,,,, Bear do not poop in woods,,, but in LJ's back forty!!! HaHaHa!!!!!

But seriously,
One bear, two different times. Have you been seeing any bears lately? Haven't seen any cubs have ya? Could have been a Ma and her cubs or maybe BIGFOOT????? Probaly just one bear that's hanging around.
JH

Maybe it could have been that African lion?

Just 17 more days until bear season. :lol:

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?Q=172875&A=11

An extended bear season also .... Rockview Prison grounds (with advanced permission).

they goona dress the prisners in blk for that day...could be fun...

Ryanh
ryanh wrote:
I don't think so LittleJ,
Wasn't Maurice and a buddy fishing up in your neck of the woods the other day?

I bet they just left you a steaming paflyish hello. :lol: :lol:

Ryanh

It wasn't me, I think Maurice always puts his in a bag :lol:

PaulG

No, he doesn't. I accidentally got a peek of Maurice at work during the jam. I guess that's what I get for working my way upstream like a novice.

jayL wrote:
No, he doesn't. I accidentally got a peek of Maurice at work during the jam. I guess that's what I get for working my way upstream like a novice.

Maybe he was doing a modified San Juan shuffle :-(

There was a time also when one could ask rhetorically "Is the Pope Italian?" What is the world coming to?

You can sure as heck, tell, when the fishing slows down in your guys part of the country!

I posted this a little while ago but it may be relevant here...

The rangers out west will tell you when you're that in Grizzly territory to wear tiny bells so you don't surprise them and always carry pepper spray. They'll also tell you how you can distinguish black bear scat from Grizzly bear scat. The grizzly bear scat has tiny bells in it and it smells like pepper spray!

:-D

And, the Black Bear's scat, comes out woven like tweed and smells strongly of mocha java and steamed milk. Often with small, red, straws and REI lables mixed in.

Back