Bear creek today.

Along Rt 895, Schuylkill Co

Stocking at bridges is considered easy access for fisherman also easier for the people stocking....I'll leave it at that.

Ron

For streams where they are stocking over wild trout, it is actually better that they just stock at a few places, such as the obvious bridge pools.

This causes less impact on the wild trout than distributing the hatchery trout more evenly along the stream.

My buddies got citations from the WCO in the poconos for taking the fish away from the bridge hole. That was the last time we helped stocking, needless to say. I have no idea where he thought they were taking them, when they got back maybe 15 minutes later they were read the riot act and given hefty fines.

PALongbow wrote:
Stocking at bridges is considered easy access for fisherman also easier for the people stocking....I'll leave it at that.

Ron

That's fine for elderly and disabled but for anyone else it's just plain lazy. If you don't have the energy to walk 100 yards up or down stream I question as to why you are fishing and not home on the sofa watching the Outdoor Channel.

troutbert wrote:
For streams where they are stocking over wild trout, it is actually better that they just stock at a few places, such as the obvious bridge pools.

This causes less impact on the wild trout than distributing the hatchery trout more evenly along the stream.

I agree to a point but then why designate this stretch as DHALO. If they want to put special regs on it, treat it as just that....special. Don't spend 10 min just dumping buckets in one or two places.

blueheron wrote:
My buddies got citations from the WCO in the poconos for taking the fish away from the bridge hole. That was the last time we helped stocking, needless to say. I have no idea where he thought they were taking them, when they got back maybe 15 minutes later they were read the riot act and given hefty fines.
They took too long putting those fish in the stream. That's probably why they were read the riot act, but I can't for the life of me figure why they would have been give fines?

They cram a lot of trout in those buckets and they run out of oxygen quickly, so they don't want the fish taken on long hauls.

Back