Bean

Swattie87

Swattie87

Running one of their 20% off $50 or more Promos through Tuesday. Heads up if you're in the market for any of their gear. Generally the best site wide offer they run throughout the year.

It gets the price of my fabled Kennebec waders down to $200 shipped. Probably gonna splurge on another pair. My latest cheapo attempt at replacing them are Allen North Fork's off of STP. Holding up fine so far after half a year, but they're nothing in quality compared to the Kennebecs.

Use the Allen's for brush busting/climbing expeditions and make the Bean's the flagship pair.

Thanks, picked up a pair of waist highs.

I just ordered a pair of the Kennebecs. I needed a new pair thanks to a hole in the bottom of my right foot, and I don't feel like fishing for steel this winter with wet feet.

Love my pair of Kennebecs. That lifetime warranty is great, too.

raftman wrote:

Oh boy, not this again!

ryansheehan wrote:
raftman wrote:

Oh boy, not this again!

Yeah, I'll lay off it this time. I've said my piece.

Didn't mean to start anything. Here's what I meant - The quality of the gear is great and rarely is the lifetime warranty needed. However, it's nice to have if something wears out sooner than expected. Certainly not to be abused.

As I learned a little while ago, thanks swattie :) it's not a lifetime guarantee, it's a satisfaction guarantee. No waders, boots, line, flies ,etc should ever be expected to last a lifetime.

For what it's worth, I took advantage of the 20% off. My old $30 Field and Stream raincoat got stolen, lol. ****'s doesn't sell it anymore.

I picked up the Bean Stowaway wading jacket and used the discount to do it. Package was delivered yesterday.

FWIW Pat, my Bean waterproof wading jacket is the one LLBean item I’ve contemplated taking them up on the satisfaction guarantee for. I’ve had it for probably 3 years now. It’s been fine in numerous light rain conditions, which is ultimately why I haven’t returned it. But in three deluges it has underperformed…or my expectations are too high perhaps…it was literally pouring, all three times were unexpected thunderstorms. The seams weeped and I had very clear wet marks along them on my shirt. I was more annoyed that the “waterproof” chest pockets also somehow wicked water into them and both had standing water in them…easily a shot glass worth.

It’s light, very packable and has done the job fine in light rain which is mostly what it’s for. I’m usually not looking to be out in a Tstorm or if heavy rain is forecast so I guess I’m just “ok” with it in the end. It was $200 sticker and I think I used a similar 20% off promo to get it for $160ish…I wouldn’t spend $160 on it again though probably. YMMV as I’m sure it’s a different model by now.

Your expectations are that a rain jacket keeps you from getting wet in rain. I wouldn't say they are too high. You can get that from a jacket at 1/5 the price. The higher cost is to add breathability and packability, but it's not supposed to give up the core function in the process.

Just sayin.

If it proves not to be waterproof I will be disappointed.

HI, Just orderd a pair of ll bean waist high waders. Should be here Monday, I'll let you know how i like them. First time I orderd from Bean.

My Bean Stowaway is going on four years and so far it has held up as expected. I has kept me dry in some heavy rain! Giving it a shot of Revivex occasionally probably has contributed to it's performance.

I love L.L. Bean. They are seriously my favorite company ever and I own a lot of clothing and fishing gear from them. I've eyed up the Kennebec waders a lot but I typically buy the flyweights. They are top notch for $100.

Back