Be on the look out for poachers.

T

Troutaddict172

Well it's no surprise after the winter everyone's itching to get out on the water. Even the poachers. Ran two of them off today at the Falling Spring delayed harvest section. Be on the lookout for them and report em!!

They're utilizing the resource.

The population impact of Poachers is insignificant according to the F&BC. And the phenomenon likely does not exist at all. Like the Sasquach or Yeti, a myth of modern cultures.

So will the F&BC stock Sasquatch & Yeti on class A streams over naturally reproducing BT ? FU Poachers however insignificant you really are.

Thought kids were allowed to bait fish the DHALO’s now. They were probably just running back to the car to get them. :roll:

Hey now, poaching is a necessity if you want to make Eggs Benedict.

Poaching utilizes the resource by reducing the number of trout that may otherwise make it thru the summer. Dog forbid any trout live long enough to be around in the fall.

Troutaddict172 wrote:
Well it's no surprise after the winter everyone's itching to get out on the water. Even the poachers. Ran two of them off today at the Falling Spring delayed harvest section. Be on the lookout for them and report em!!
Did you report them or simply chase them to another section?

Who, exactly do you report to and what kind of response time can you expect?

The regulations booklet that comes with your license has the phone numbers for the regional law enforcement offices on page 3.

It's on the PFBC website too.

Keep in mind, if you call your regional law enforcement office after hours you will only be able to leave a message(still better than not doing anything though). I learned that lesson when I tried to report a poacher and his buddy. I have no idea if they were caught.

Since then I have obtained a WCO's number.

streamerguy wrote:
Keep in mind, if you call your regional law enforcement office after hours you will only be able to leave a message(still better than not doing anything though). I learned that lesson when I tried to report a poacher and his buddy. I have no idea if they were caught.

Since then I have obtained a WCO's number.

Before cell phones, almost all phone calls were too late for the WCO to get out there before the poachers left.

But we still made the call, and it still helped the WCOs.

Arent they allowed to fish the delayed harvest right now without harvesting fish..?

fisherboy3 wrote:
Arent they allowed to fish the delayed harvest right now without harvesting fish..?

Fish yes, harvest no. I took the OP to mean that harvesting was taking place.

always good to know who your local WCO is - i keep mines card behind my license just in case.

Ed wrote 19 citations on White Clay last year - 16 reported by Anglers.

even if the WCO doesn't catch them in the act, it helps them build a pattern of their habits. He did say that after regular patrols the poachers no longer target early mornings mid week.

overall poaching may or may not be down, but anything that makes it harder for them has to be good right ?

I called in reported. Left a message told them the vehicle type and plate number

Good job Addict....My son and I ran two youngsters off the Quitty on Saturday, they were fishing outside the DHALO boundary.

Troutaddict172 wrote:

You must have some really dumb poachers in your area.

Why would anyone want to poach from DH areas this time of year. That is where anglers would be this time of year. When I was young, I preferred poaching the nursery waters next to the state hatchery.;-)

Not saying which one because it would be spot burning.;-)

Yea, I know poaching is lame, but I was just a punk then, but a smart punk.;-)

Back