bamboo

Not everyone likes it, but those who do like it A LOT!

I suppose I'm an oddball again, cause I like it "a little." I have a very nice boo rod. I like my rod. I use it a fair amount, it might even be my most used rod. But various graphite rods still get used for 75% of the fishing situations I face, and I don't see myself buying a boo for throwing heavy streamers or fishing a tight little brushy stream.

Thanks for the input eroc...good insight.
I realize that most good rods are more costly, but I've seen a few good deals...and I fortunately am in no rush, but can jump on a deal if I see it. I will certainly spend more money if a deal comes along, but until I'm done doing physical therapy with my daughter, and get back to work, I will be looking at the lower end rods to get a "feel" for bamboo. I will probably try my hand at some refinishing work as well on the cheaper rods to get the practice. As I get more comfortable, I'll look to invest more.
That clarks is a good forum...I've been nosing around and have got some valuable info from those folks.

David wrote:
Thanks for the input eroc...good insight.
I realize that most good rods are more costly, but I've seen a few good deals...and I fortunately am in no rush, but can jump on a deal if I see it. I will certainly spend more money if a deal comes along, but until I'm done doing physical therapy with my daughter, and get back to work, I will be looking at the lower end rods to get a "feel" for bamboo. [color=990000] I will probably try my hand at some refinishing work as well on the cheaper rods to get the practice. [/color] As I get more comfortable, I'll look to invest more.
That clarks is a good forum...I've been nosing around and have got some valuable info from those folks.

I did that very thing David. It's fun and relatively cheap, but be careful buying an old bamboo rod on eBay. If the buyer won't take it back if it is damaged, leave it alone.

If you are looking for a good deal, talk to Len Codella. Len owned Thomas and Thomas for quite some time and really knows his stuff when it comes to boo rods and is very happy to speak to anyone. He deals in new, used/collectible and project boo rods and he can get you the best performing rod for your budget.

David,

I copied the post from over at Clarks. Tim has a few quad blanks available.

I am making a batch of 7'6" #4 quad blanks and wanted to know if anyone is interested in purchasing any. I will have 3 available out of this batch. They are 2 pc. and flamed. With ferrules squared and mounted they will be $350 with 2 tips. Unferruled they will be $275. The action is a Perfectionist taper in a quad version.

Please email with any questions at tzietak@comcast.net or call me at 412-901-4783. Paypal, check or Postal money order ($25 discount for postal money order.)

Let me know if anyone is interested. They will be ready to ship in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for your interest.

Tim Zietak

Back