Bald eagles

L

LouM

I stopped at the LLH yesterday to check water,very low. While I was there saw two bald eagles .

LLH??.....Little Lehigh Heritage?
I was there yesterday(not fishing) and water looked perfect.Did n't see Bald Eagle there but spotted one at the quarry just north of Fogelsville,that one got a rise out of the snow geese that roost there.

Yes, the eagles that have been seen at the Little Lehigh and the Allentown/Whitehall portion of the Jordan over the past few years have had us scratching our heads. Are they the pair that nests about 10 miles from there or is there a closer nest that has yet to be discovered or disclosed?

Mike,a year or so ago I saw a Bald Eagle fying just over the tree tops just upstream of the rose garden in Cedar Parkway.It was flying east so it was headed into downtown.That one was so close I could see every feature.Quite a thrill to see these birds all over the place!

I agree. Seeing eagles is becoming common. I see them almost every day on the delaware. Whoever is responsible deserves great credit.

poopdeck wrote:
I agree. Seeing eagles is becoming common. I see them almost every day on the delaware. Whoever is responsible deserves great credit.

Rachel Carson, one of PA's own, from the Pittsburgh area.

I cant think of a time ive been up on the delaware and havnt seen one. Ive seen them driving on 80 in the delaware water gap near Indian Head, and now last week up in Analomink on the Brodhead. Seriously some cool birds.

I have at least two active nests within 5 miles of my home. So seeing them cruising around right over my house and the surrounding "Amish" country has become a very common site. Last fall I was out in the yard one day cleaning up leaves and witnessed two immature bald eagles directly across the road from my house that actually came together and locked talons and executed some sort of "spinning - free fall" manuever. Don't know exactly what that was for but it was really cool to see.

Back