Bald Eagle Creek

kobalt335

kobalt335

I want to try fishing the bald eagle below Milesburg within the next few days. Does anybody know how the water temperature is? With the cool nights,rain, and spring creek feeding it, I would assume the temperature would be fine.

The water temps will be fine. Go for it.

Unless things change with the weather, I think trout fishing everywhere is safe now, but there will be a little movement toward the spawn very soon.

Thanks. Those were the answers I was leaning towards.

They were stocking fingerlings down there in the fall. And the little buggers were everywhere. I felt kinda bad catching them, and left for another stream.
Been a few years since I've fished it in the fall, and I don't know if they're still stocking them now.

dryflyguy wrote:
They were stocking fingerlings down there in the fall. And the little buggers were everywhere. I felt kinda bad catching them, and left for another stream.
Been a few years since I've fished it in the fall, and I don't know if they're still stocking them now.
I'm going to be throwing some meat, so they shouldn't bother me.

water temps will be in the high 50s-low 60s even in the warmer stretches. two weeks ago I recorded temps at the end of the day around 63. It has been significantly cooler since then.

Stocking: they are a little larger than fingerlings. When they do this they tend to stock in June-July at the easy access points. They can be quite a nuisance. I wonder if they just clean out the hatcheries of sub-legal fish.
When i fished it two weeks ago there was no evidence of the small fish. But such plantings, if they are to occur may be delayed due to temps or they stocked them and most of the small fish perished from the heat this summer.

There is usually little issue with Bald Eagle Creek around Milesburg temperature wise even during most of the summer.

fingerling rainbows stocked 6/27

Back