Bald Eagle Creek

streamerguy

streamerguy

As some of you may know from my other thread I'll be in Central PA next week and where I'll be staying is close to Bald Eagle Creek. Anyone have any experience on this creek? I was thinking of trying the areas immediately below the the lake for warmwater species(although I guess it has trout too?), but any info on the upper creek for trout or even the lake is great too. Seems like it would be a quick and easy trip close to where I'm staying, and seems like the only option around if I get sick of catching trout haha :)

Thanks

I've never tried below the lake.
But have spent countless days fishing it from milesburg to where it forms the lake. And it holds some nice trout year round

SCTU will be doing streambank work on Spring Creek Monday and tuesday. The lower bald eagle might be murky between milesburg and the lake

Lower Bald Eagle has a bit of everything. We caught this back in 2000 below the dam. There are lots of panfish, some decent smallies, walleyes, catfish, tons of carp, and a muskie here and there. Certain spots on lower Bald Eagle have trout. We used to fish small poppers for panfish. If you fish above the dam stay below Milesburg. Lots of trout. If you want panfish you can fish the dam also but as far as bass go you are probably better off going for smallies in lower Bald Eagle. There are largemouths in the dam but most decent ones are holding deep this time of year.

Attachments

• 4957_90625457965_509849_n.jpg
    4957_90625457965_509849_n.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for the info guys. And man that's a nice musky! Sounds like a decent fishery. So there's lots of carp, can you see them? Always up for sight fishing for carp.

Sometimes in the lake you can see them. Right below the dam on the road headed towards Eagleville is a great place for carp. Any of the boat docks around the lake are good too. Check the Howard Launch

Back