badger hackle

L

larlor

Hope someone can help me out? Does anybody know where I can buy silver (white) badger hackle? Looking for grade 1 quality.

not to be a smart *** , but from someone you trust or in-person.

one of the best lessons i learnt as a noobie tyer was not to buy high grade hackle online or by mail order.

Evening Hatch in the Poconos. Give them a call, I bet they have it.

Edit: called them, they have two silver in silver. Not grade one.

Thanks for the replies so far. Seems to be a hard find. Sandfly gave me a name but the guy doesn't have any. That's why I posted thought someone would have a friend or a place they could recommend that was reputable!

Many moons ago, I got my necks from Gene in Mt Holly. If I'm not mistaken, there was a guy from Perry County that bought most of his stock. I have his number.....but have no idea where it is. Hopefully someone on here will recognize this and have contact information for you. Of course, it would be done by PM to protect the source. ;)

I Recently Got Some Whiting Herbert Bronze From Dette Trout Flies. I Think The Quality Is Very Good.

I was going to say.... those Whiting Silver grade are pretty dang nice. It's not a grade #1 but I think it will match most companies grade #1.

If you do find it in a #1 grade, I'll bet that it's quite pricey

I bought a half A #2 grade , very nice , Keough , from the fly shop in Coburn , Jason , can't remember the name of the shop.....Feather , Fin and Fur? Anyhow i took the necks out of the packs andchecked 'em out and the #2 was better than several of the #1 grades , which were like $35.00 compared to $28.00 for the #2. Take 'em out and check 'em. Another thing is SHARPIES with those you can "make" your own Badger hackle in any color you choose.

That'd be "the feathered hook." Owned by Jonas. You were close 'O'

Back