Back to my Roots!

jifigz

jifigz

I have been focusing so hard on trout fishing for months that I totally have neglected my traditional warm water roots. Yesterday evening i walked down to the Juniata from my house and found the bass willing to play. There were plenty of sulphurs in the air and the midges were so thick that it felt as if you were sucking a few in with each breath and all of this insect activity had the bass looking up. I caught several on poppers, bunny strip streamers, and another minnow imitation I had tied up. It was a blast to watch the bass crush my surface offering or swim out of their holding areas to intercept my 4 inch long white bunny strip. The first bass that I watched crush my bunny strip was only a nice 14 inches or so but it had my heart pounding and reinforced why I love smallmouth bass so much. It was a pleasure to feel the powerful pull of these excellent fish and I encourage everyone to head out to their local bass waters and have a little fun.

Attachments

• 20170523_185031.jpg
    20170523_185031.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 6
Nice, last year I waited too long to begin fishing the Susky North Branch, 1st time out was such a treat I began to wonder why I had waited so long, mid June isn't soon enough.

Back