Back to Bass

T

tddeangelo

Finally got out on the Schuylkill with my new bass rod. Not a monster, but I got to put a bend in the rod, at least.

Bass

Nice work. What flies were you fishing? That fly in it's mouth looks way more complex than anything I have.

Been doing the same. Got into a huge catfish on my 9wt that got me into my backing by one of the dams. Real fun time.

If you're down near VF, you're definitely in bigger water than I am up here. I'm fishing up around Hamburg. Not that we don't have some cats up here, but the river is definitely narrower. I was between Hamburg and Shoemakersville last night. Tonight I'm going to try just north of Hamburg in some nice looking water I saw.

If you're down near VF, you're definitely in bigger water than I am up here. I'm fishing up around Hamburg. Not that we don't have some cats up here, but the river is definitely narrower. I was between Hamburg and Shoemakersville last night. Tonight I'm going to try just north of Hamburg in some nice looking water I saw.
Yep been wading near VF. Intermediate lines and big heavy craws.

I was using a 1.5ips poly leader on a floating line yesterday. It was...ok.

I think this evening I'm gonna switch to a 7ips leader. I have weighted craws as well as some muddlers and clousers that ought to fall far enough in fast water.

That’s a zuddler from Big Y.
Interesting. Doesn't remind me of a zuddler the way I'd tie it, and that's fine. I was just curious. Bunny hide is a magical material although I favor other streamer materials. Big Y is something I'm not familiar with either. I'll have to look them up..

I'll grab one from the fly box for a "dry" shot. That was pretty drowned....and he tore the hide lose from the bend of the hook. Vicious little bugger. I caught another one after him, so it seems to still fish ok.

Interesting, it appears to be a Zonker variation. If I were tying it I'd make the body and throat orange, though they may be I just can't tell from the picture.

You are correct.....got the names flipped in my brain. it's a zonker.

The red in the picture is more a red-orange. There's flash on the body.

Back