Awesome Weekend

Additionally, any special regs areas (DHALO, CRALO, CRAT, All Tackle Trophy Trout, Trophy Trout Artificial Lures Only) are all open to year round fishing. There are also some stocked trout waters that are not under special regs that are open to year round fishing with C&R requirements from March 1st - opening day.

Dave_W wrote:
Pr0digal_son wrote:
So you can fish unstocked Class A streams after Feb. 28? I may have read the 2017 summary incorrectly,but it seems like you are not permitted to. The extended season for unstocked classA streams appears to mirror stocked trout waters.

Yes, you can fish unstocked Class As on a catch and release basis year round.

The "extended season" only matters with respect to harvest. It is not a closure against C&R fishing.

I appreciate the reply,thanks. Can you point out where it states this in the literature. Maybe I am missing it somewhere.

nomad_archer wrote:
Additionally, any special regs areas (DHALO, CRALO, CRAT, All Tackle Trophy Trout, Trophy Trout Artificial Lures Only) are all open to year round fishing. There are also some stocked trout waters that are not under special regs that are open to year round fishing with C&R requirements from March 1st - opening day.

That seems to be well defined in pages 20-29. I didn't see anything about year-round in unstocked class A though.

Pr0digal_son wrote:
Can you point out where it states this in the literature. Maybe I am missing it somewhere.

We've gone round and round on this forum for years over this issue.

If you think Class A is complicated, wait till you see the discussion of where you can fish on non-stocked, non-Class A stream sections.... then it really gets complicated. :)

Anyway, if you want to parse the literature and are seeking clear interpretations of PFBC trout fishing regulations, hit the Advanced Search box at the bottom of this page and you can read through hundreds of pages of conversation over the years parsing the literature and citing cryptic passages in the PFBC regulations (some of which have been dropped or changed over the years) and debating what, exactly, these passages mean.

Back