Awesome wading boots - Patagonia Foot Tractor

CRB wrote:
don't knock Danner boots they are one of the best out there Ive regularly have gotten years out of their work boots over the years.

I didn't knock them.
I'm sure they're gonna be good boots. (for that kind of money, they should be)
I just would likely never spend $500 for wading boots.
Would you?

Aside from grip on freestones, one of the unsung benefits of having bars screwed accross your soles is the near eradication of foot twist and painful torque when a foot wedges or tries to wedge between rocks.

My first generation Rock Grip boots recently needed shoe goo to keep the outer edges of the soles together but await more rigorous testing to see how they bold up. I am optimustic, however, as I have seen shoe goo work wonders.

I note the Patagonia website currently has the 2nd generation bar boots on sale at a price near that of MRFC. They also had the first generation bar replacement kits at half price if you would rather not cut and drill your own.

FYI, for those still looking the Patagonia site has them on sale for $167 with free shipping, I believe. I think I saw orders over $75 ship free.

Foxgap239 wrote:
FYI, for those still looking the Patagonia site has them on sale for $167 with free shipping, I believe. I think I saw orders over $75 ship free.

Madison River Fishing company also has them on sale but not quite that cheap. However, they do have some sizes in stock that Patagonia doesn't have on their web site.

Backcountry.com has the Patagonia Foot Tractor wading boots on sale for an extra 20% off their sale price...

I put a pair in the cart and the total came to a little over $156. And, they had a pretty decent variety of sizes available to boot! Also, they have free 2-day shipping for orders over $50. I’ve ordered from them before and have had a good experience with them.

Here is a link to the site: Patagonia Foot Tractor link

I’m not sure if a coupon code is needed or not to get the additional 20% off. I clicked an email link to get to the backcountry site.

Hope this helps anyone looking to get these.

Backcountry / Steepandcheap have the Patagonia Foot Tractors for $109.98 right now. That's the lowest I've ever seen them (61% off!) Sizes 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13. Get 'em before they're gone.

$109?
Man, I'm tempted to get another pair. And stash them away for down the road.

Hmmmmm......

Deal's over. They're back up to $153 or $181.

If you happen to be size 5 or 8, the boots dropped even lower, to $94.50 (for those two sizes only).

Back