Awesome caddis emergence

wbranch

wbranch

Just thought I would post up this picture of a fantastic cinnamon caddis emergence on a western river. Just crazy, worse than the White Fly on the Susky.

Attachments

• MIKE19 (800x541) (500x338).jpg
    MIKE19 (800x541) (500x338).jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 9
Looks like it. Never had good luck with it ,because all the rivers I fish out there are blown out.

No, just a cinnamon caddis that emerges everyday from the end of June to about mid August.

At first glance it almost looks like someone couldn't figure out where to spit their sunflower seed shells.

I never liked to be out when there were that many bugs flying around. When I was younger I used to stay out right in the thickest of the swarms. It was always pretty close to dark thirty and the trout lost all inhibitions and used to rise no more than a rod's length away. Seriously I would often not even have to cast just stick the rod out in front of me and dap the fly on the water.

Now though I just can't stand all those bugs crawling all over me and trying to get into my nostrils and ears. It got so bad I would put ear plugs in my ears and pull the Buff up over my nose. One time one of those damn caddis flew deep into my ear and it just wouldn't come out. I could hear it buzzing in my ear. It died within a day or so and when I got back home I had to go to the doctor and he used really long jawed forceps to get it out in about three pieces!

Back