August 16-18 Juniata River WW Jam

roll call!! looks like the weather is going to be just fine this year. I'll be there sometime Friday morning. Cant wait!

I'm in for the Jam.

Plan to be there Friday afternoon/early evening and fish Friday evening and all day Saturday.

Will leave for home on Saturday evening.

Have a tent to camp and will bring my kayak to float on Saturday.

Let me know if there is anything I can bring along with me for the group.

afishinado wrote:
I'm in for the Jam.

Plan to be there Friday afternoon/early evening and fish Friday evening and all day Saturday.

Will leave for home on Saturday evening.

Have a tent to camp and will bring my kayak to float on Saturday.

Let me know if there is anything I can bring along with me for the group.

Pretty much the same for me. ^

HopBack, just text me and let me know when you plan to be here Friday morning. Hopefully raftman makes it too..Afishinado and Dave, your plan sounds great. Afish, you can feel free to bring anything that a group might enjoy. Whether some sort of easily brought foodstuff that we can reheat or any libations that you may desire. I will have some food available for sharing. Basic stuff like burgers and dogs most likely with some sweet corn etc.

Hi all,
I expect to arrive Friday mid morning and leave Sunday morning. I am staying at the Quality Inn. I'll bring some bologna, cheese and pretzels to share. Looking forward to it.
Ken

KGStine wrote:
Hi all,
I expect to arrive Friday mid morning and leave Sunday morning. I am staying at the Quality Inn. I'll bring some bologna, cheese and pretzels to share. Looking forward to it.
Ken

Awesome Ken. If no one is around you can probably find us at the river. I think I'll shift the tents over to the yard by my house where there will be some shade..sounds like it will be a small group of us. Maybe 6.

I'm going to miss again this year #Dammit. Son's hockey team is leaving for Nizhnekamskin in Tatarstan, Russia for a tournament and I'm getting his stuff ready.

Great time at the J-Jam. Josh / Jifigz was a great host and treated us well. He has a beautiful spread right along the river for fishing and camping.

The Jam was great, no spectacular numbers, but everyone caught fish. The big fish honors go to KGStine. Ken landed a 20" smallie right beside me, no pics of it, he released it quickly, but a great fun to witness.

Again, thanks to Josh for a great time had by all.

I'll echo this. ^
It was a great time.

Some folks were still fishing when Afish and I headed out yesterday evening and are still out this morning. Fishing for me was slow yesterday (got 11) but it was a great day to be on the water.

Kudos to jifigz for hosting this terrific event.

It was definitely a great time with some beautiful weather and company. Always good to meet new paflyfish members! I didn’t get to take as many pictures as I would have liked but here are some photos of the river and the property.

2D97144D842946F88B41.jpeg

65A4BF317DED4B62BBF8.jpeg

4B758A31AD4E403FA526.jpeg

CFDCE5E4439B4486897A.jpeg

361BD73DFF5E47FE9766.jpeg

8EE4FEFC7F814E55A3DE.jpeg

Yep. I agree it was a good time..Dave and Tom, wish I would have seen you guys before you left but Brian and I were out doing whatever. Anybody is always welcome to fish here anytime.

But yep, KGStine definitely nailed the best bass this weekend. I'm guessing from the talk between us Brian had the second nicest which he estimated at 17"-18" but lost it. I nailed a few that were 14-15". But overall not tremendous fishing, but good enough and good company and we will see what next year brings.

Oh, and Mark, I know that you'll read this, so join the forum.

Beautiful photos Hop and happy to hear that everyone had a good time and the weather was nice too! Hopefully I'm able to make it next year if you hold it again, it really looks like a wonderful place!

Josh,
Thanks for everything! You really outdid yourself. Fresh corn , burgers, everything was great.
Even though you said fishing wasn't great, it was my best outing this year. I'm hoping we have finally turned the corner on some better conditions for the balance of the year.
It was nice to meet a few new people and good to see the guys from the last Jam.
I waded all day Friday, a kayak float Saturday, waded Saturday evening, worn out Sunday . Great weekend.
Again, thanks to everyone.

For the short time I was there I sure got a great dose of Paflyfish hospitality!! Thanks to Josh for hosting and the open invite, and to Ken and Mark for the guiding on Saturday evening.
I was the one who got skunked, but what a beautiful place for that to happen.
To make up for the skunking maybe, I was blessed to have caught a huge largemouth the next morning swimming a weedless deer hair frog over weeds in Chambers Lake, easily tied with if not the biggest I've gotten with a fly, so the weekend was a big win!

Ace, I'm glad you pegged a big bucketmouth to redeem your smallmouth skunking. We don't get enough Largemouth talk on the forum..I wish we had more..

Wish I could post pics when I get a nice one like that, but also didn't take a camera that morning.
Gotta get me a lanyard camera protector like Ken had.

Back