Assistance Needed with Shamokin Dam area

SNJChef

SNJChef

Last minute detour has me working today in Shamokin Dam PA, I see Little Shamokin Creek as a potential stream to fish this evening. Does anyone have any knowledge of this area and could point me in the right direction for tonight?

I also have my morning open tomorrow if anyone is fishing from here to Harrisburg area and wants to show someone around any local streams. Might try Little Juniata, or Spring creek on my way home to Philly.

Shoot me a PM

Thanks in advance

You're not far from Penns either - I think Weikert would be about 45 minutes away, Coburn a little farther.

The best stream in that area is the big river right next to you. Just doesn't have Trout in it. :p

For Trout, Penns is probably your closest safe bet.

Little J and Spring aren't on the way home to Philly from there. Neither is Penns though really.

Swattie87 wrote:
The best stream in that area is the big river right next to you. Just doesn't have Trout in it. :p

For Trout, Penns is probably your closest safe bet.

Little J and Spring aren't on the way home to Philly from there. Neither is Penns though really.

The Susky is closed for bass fishing right now from Sunbury and all water downstream.

I agree with all above, Penns / Weikert area is not too far, it's in great shape right now, and it should fish well. Good luck.

I used to fish the Little Shamokin extensively, its close to home. Its a semi muddy likely no hold over stocked stream. You can find some holes just outside of Sunbury off of Rt. 890.

If you are more serious, take an hour and head up to Penns.

If you like brookie fishing, take a look at White Deer.

Muncy is good.

Hope this helps. Jesse

Thanks all

Just wrapped up gonna head out in a few locally, Thanks for the suggestions for tomorrow. much appreciated.

Thanks again! Had a great day hit 2 streams got into a nice evening hatch as well.

Thanks again! Had a great day hit 2 streams got into a nice evening hatch as well.

Back