Articulated Streamer Swap

P

pmelle

Hi All!

Fall will be here around the corner in a few months and that means streamers! I was part of a streamer swap last fall held courtesy of Tyger and got some good lookin flies, but this year I want to throw some meat. So this time around I'd like to step it up a notch and get feelers for an articulated streamer swap. I've been playing around with a few patterns the last couple months and have seen some awesome ties on the threads. Because of their complexity and time, summer ending, school starting, etc. I was thinking the final date being around late September to early Ovtober to give everyone plenty of time. I was hoping for 10 total tiers. (I was hoping to get Wish4Fish to drop one of those sweet looking Tenakin-Your-Socks-Off he ties, looks killer!) what say you?

Ive been playing with articulated critters lately to and wouldnt mind doing a swap BUTTT these critters can take a long time to tie and cost a bunch,To tie 12 or more could be a pain in the clock and the wallet.

I would like to be included. I was casting one this morning that looked pretty good.

Thanks,

I'll take some free ones lol

If we can get between 6-8 total that would be great. I totally understand the time and money required for this type of swap. Hook_jaw you in?! If we're unable to the total tiers necessary, I'd be in to turn this into just a straight up streamer swap

I'm definitely down for a swap. I would prefer just a streamer swap though.

Alright, I'm going to make this a straight up streamer swap, no articulation required. Maybe somewhere down the line I will attempt that type of swap again. Seems we have a few interested tiers already for a typical streamer swap.

For the streamer swap: if like to get between 10-12 tiers for this swap. Tie your favorite streamer or most effective pattern. I'm going to plan to have this swap occur; flies shipped to me and to other tiers around the middle of October, perfect time for throwing big flies! That gives a month and a half for folks to get their stuff together.

Who's in?

I'm in for sure. I'll either be tying a sculpin or another pattern I haven't decided yet

I'm tying the Hen and Herl.

You may want to change title of post or make a whole new thread to attract more tyers

I meant to say I'd like to be included and I would tie a Hen and Herl streamer

I would like to join in the swap if possible. With the upcoming steelhead season, I figured I would tie up some emerald shiners.

I'm interested in this. I'll tie a Slumpbuster.

If theres still a spot, i'll play. Mickey Finn.

I'm in for Golden Retrievers - the streamer, not the dog!

Okay here is an update. I have had a skittle on my plate lately so here is an update for the swap. This is a NORMAL STREAMER SWAP. No articultion required for entry, but I will try one of these in the future. I am setting the deadline for the swap to be Friday October 14th to have flies mailed out to me. The list of tiers includes:

Pmelle-zonker leach
Muskyman- undecided
JG63- golden retriever
Pabrookie94-sculpin
Laszlo-hen and Hearl
CLizow- emerald shiners
djh26- slump buster
Eunanhendrin- Mickey Finn

I will leave open two more spots until September 25th. Please let me know if you are unable to continue with the swap, thanks y'all!

I am in for a Clouser. Thanks for including me.

Thanks, ****

I had some free time over the weekend, tied up some closers and will forward them to the appropriate address.

Thanks,

Alright folks, 8 tiers total. Looking forward towards seeing everyone's flies. Check your DMs for the address to send them too. Thanks!

Back