Artflies on ebay

billfrech

billfrech

I wanted to share some initial feedback on flies I bought on eBay. I bought them because they the pictures look good and they are made in Canada (not overseas). Additionally the price is great. I ordered a selection from Artflies on ebay (both dries and nymphs) and am impressed, they seem to be very well made.

The only outstanding question is will they help me catch fish and given the water temperatures where I am I will not get to test them for another month or so.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and call it early. Yes they will catch fish. I tie the crappiest looking flies ever seen by man and they catch fish. This makes me a true believer that beauty is in the eye of the angler not the fish. The best tied fly in no way looks like what its suppose to be. The quality of the tie is judged by us not by fish. It's the actual fishing of the fly that makes the difference.

They certainly are great looking flies. I even bought the nymph package about 5 years ago. I tried them out and honestly you will most likely be more successful with a walts worm , and not cringe nearly as much when you get snagged. As far as the dries go i have no experience comparing them.

I buy all my flies on ebay from a number of different fly shops all over the country. The closest thing to a fly shop for me is Gander Mountain a 1/2 hour away and there selection is usually pretty weak.

Back